ubiquity rocks!Feb 18, 2009 · 1 minute read · Comments
today, i felt like playing some more with ubiquity, which i had installed for a while now but had not played around with sufficiently. i decided to try to write a simple plugin that will search the quran for a particular set of words. to do this, i felt obliged to expose an api for the alpha version of quranicrealm first, which was good because i needed to do it eventually anyway.
and here’s the mandatory screenshot:
it still needs a lot of work… things i still want to do if i get around to it:
add a favicon (for the site and for the plugin)
more options (ex, “search english,” or “search transliteration,” etc)
replace the current text with a link (or translation). this would be useful in im conversations or while writing blog posts.
a “get-ayah” command (to say, “get ayah 1 of sura fatiha in arabic,” for example).
anyway, i’ll post up the code when i’ve added some improvements insha’Allah. if you want it before then, post a comment.